Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Truth

Satyananda Ashram, Mangrove Mountain
One of the (many) things I love about Yoga is summed up in this quote from; My Body is a Temple: Yoga as a path to wholeness by Christina Sell:

We are trained to try to make ourselves better rather than to see ourselves as good and then act accordingly. 

I don't know about you, but that sums a lot of things up for me. You have a built in goodness, glowing inside you.

If we make time for a little quiet time, a small time to be still, we could start to access that goodness and see the things that get in our way, making our life harder than necessary.

Christina writes Sitting still and quiet in meditation is an act of great love in a culture of stress, rushing and distraction. 

Each day I try to practice my Yoga... on and off the mat. Its hard, but its worth it.

Do you create stillness in your day?

Namaste

1 comment:

  1. Yoga still bring many benefits to me not just only for physical purposes but also for emotional and psychological well being.

    ReplyDelete