Friday, March 18, 2011

Yoga - to prop or not?

During my recent couple of months teaching I have noticed a need for Yoga props.

There are a few Yoga props that I think are valuable for Yoga practice.

These are:

Bolsters (big sturdy sausages)
Belts (great to loop around legs and feet: not to keep your pants up!!)
Blocks (many uses)
Blankets (lets raise our hips guys and gals)
Eye bags (do I really need to say anything?)

In the Yoga Sutras Patanjali refers to each posture being steady and comfortable (Chapter 2: 46). Props can be the difference between being comfortable and straining a muscle. I know which one I choose!

I choose to say "yaye" to props and just sent my order to www.iyogaprops.com.au. I want my Yoga peeps to be steady and comfortable Patanjali!

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment