Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Teaching Yoga

On Monday I taught my first public class. It was daunting and I was nervous, but it was that kind of scary nervous.

That morning I got up at 6am and rolled my mat out. I did the class I was going to teach, on my own in the family room surrounded by Thomas the Tank Engine and Car's Cars till 7am.

The key for me that day was preparation. I made sure it all flowed smoothly and that I felt comfortable and of course, all limbered up myself. Afterall, the class a Yoga Teacher teaches isn't an opportunity to do their own yoga, they are there to teach.

Which I did, even if their was only 1 person. Thanks Tania!

Namaste.

3 comments:

  1. Well done Sara on your first class! So proud of you and happy for you. You've worked really hard to get to this place and I am sure you will soon have some loyal yoga followers. As for the nerves, well, they just mean you care enough to want to do a good job and not let anyone down. I believe that when we don't feel even just a little bit nervous, that we aren't doing our best work. Good luck with your new venture, I know you will do great!
    Victoria x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeh, Well done Sara. I wish I was there for your class. I need a bit of yoga relaxation and some stretching is always good.
    All the best.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Its getting less nerve racking and more fun by the day.

    ReplyDelete